Kate Martin Undergraduate Folklore Award
In 2001, Susan Fagan and her husband, Tom Fagan, established the Kate Martin Undergraduate Folklore Award, given for the best archival fieldwork project. The annual award is named for Susan’s grandmothers, who were, as she realized once she began the study of folklore, the original spark for her lifelong interest in this field.
Kate Martin Undergraduate Folklore Award — $200
- Award given for the best archival fieldwork project by an undergraduate in a Folklore (FLR) class
- Project must be submitted to the Randall Mills Archives of Northwest Folklore
- Instructors nominate projects to be considered
- Awards distributed end of the academic year
- Folklore and Public Culture Program Director appoints an awards committee that selects awardee.